Monday 30 March 2009

Well that's done it.....

Well after moping around over the weekend, I drew up my project plan and have decided to go for it.

I have found a company in Bradford (Propshaft services) which will extend the propshaft for £55 + vat. Sounded very helpful, and as I am travelling to Harrogate this week I can drop it off on the way, and pick up on the way back.

Anyway, got the zetec back out (again) and hoisted the back of the car up via the roll bar with the engine hoist.....and the car seemed to have a magnetic attraction to the wall....it was a bit sweaty and sweary for a few minutes.... Held the front of the gearbox up with rope to a cross bar whilst I released the back of the box, then moved the whole box forward.

Getting the prop out was a bit of a battle.....had to cut the floor at the rear of the car to allow the prop to come out....the rear flange is too bigger diameter to go down the tunnel, to had to make a clearance gap at the rear.... When I built the car you put the propshaft in before you put the panels on so not a problem at that stage.

So according to my plan I am nicely on schedule.....for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment