Monday 9 March 2009

Belts & braces.

Had quite a productive weekend overall. Made a bracket to hold the idler gear which makes the waterpump run the correct way. Used a collection of pulley parts off the Mondeo, and it worked out well.

Top idler pulley & bracket....


Uses old power steering bracket to mount off.

I used the original belt to measure the length of belt I required - the last four digits of the belt number tell how long it is in mm. I needed one between 1150 and 1205mm which was the full range of the alternator adjustment. A visit to the local autofactors today came up with a 1150mm belt which fitted rather well.




Other job I got on with last night was cutting the ally sump away to allow the starter motor to fit. There was alloy dust everywhere....as it doesn't spark I decided to do it in the garage to keep the neighbourhood noise level down. I have probably cut away 85% of what I need to, and I am able to offer up the starter motor in almost its correct position to see what to trim away.

The missing Edis unit arrived from Trigger Wheels today, and I have also landed a set of ZX6R carbs for £35, pump and connectors for £32, clutch release bearing £12. Last big bill will hopefully be the exhaust (£220 ish).

Pictures soon......

1 comment:

  1. Sound like it coming on well, soon be fired up again!!

    ReplyDelete