Sunday 22 March 2009

Beyond the point of no return.

Not much visual progress this weekend as it was various odd bits and pieces I was up to.

I picked up the brake pushrod from Tigers last week. Jim Dudley was very helpful giving advice on it. I disconnected the brake pipes ffrom the master cylinder and then drained out the brake fluid from it. Off with the master cylinder and then the servo, then back on with the master cylinder with the new pushrod to activate it. All seems to fit OK, and the two brake pipes for the front brake needed only a little bending to fit the master cylinder in its new position. The brake line to the rear brakes was a different story.... I needed to get it away from the back of the engine, and also as far away from the carb area as possible, and this took a lot of origami style bending. As its now been knocked around a bit I will see if I can replace it before I complete the engine swap.

I have also tidied up the wiring on the bulkhead, moving it up and away from the engine. Finally I have been removing all the wiring I don't need and also re routing the alternator wiring as it is on the opposite side to where it was on the pinto. Luckily the wiring for it goes down the nearside, across behind the radiator to the alternator, so to get it to the nearside was just a case of unravelling it from the various clips.

Next task is to join the dot between the Mondeo loom and the Sierra one..... oh 'eck!

No comments:

Post a Comment