Thursday 19 February 2009

Mounting trouble....

Mr Bling came round to assist tonight..... We removed the thermostat housing and the engine slotted up to the gearbox nicely, leaving about a 35mm gap to the chassis to put in some form of water rail.

We then started on the engine mounts. This is where old school Bling was trying to get me to just lob the engine in and see where it landed.....and I had my slide rule out. Once the dust had settled in that battle, it appears we can do the plan whereby an adaptor plate is made from 5mm steel to connect the Pinto mounts to the Zetec engine.

I will need to redrill the holes in the chassis for the rubber part of the mounts, but overall it should work fine. I have tomorrow off work so hopefully will get a chance to have a go at making the plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment