Monday 23 February 2009

Engine in!!

Well went back out tonight to do battle with the stud which was causing my problems....




Thankfully with some nimble finger work I managed to remove it without removing the engine. So I started to try and bolt up the offside mount. But as I tried to pull the engine across, there was something causing resistance. If ou look at the top of the pic above there is a plug to a sensor, and it was butting up to the firewall. So I removed it and the mount bolted up.

I then moved on to the nearside, but that mount would not go in as easily, as it slots round the oil dipstick tube - need to put that mount in first when the engine has more swing movement. After a short battle I got it to fit, and I was able to remove the hoist.



A quick check underneath showed I have around 3.5" of ground clearance


Which in real terms is probably not enough.....but will do for getting things up and running.
I did some quick offering up of the Mondeo alternator and mounts, which I need to swap to the other side from original. I was hoping to use the original spring loaded adjuster, but it is too bulky, and so is the alternator mount, so I will be fabricating those next.


No comments:

Post a Comment