Sunday 13 February 2011

Going backwards

Why can't people manufacture stuff correctly? After the farce of the pedal box, it now appears the plenum is also a pup. The injector holes are too small and also badly aligned so the injectors will not go in, the angle it puts the fuel rail at makes it contact the rocker cover, and the plate for the throttle body is distorted so can't seal it very easy. A quick internet search showed I was not the first to run into problems with this unit. I have emailed the supplier requesting a refund so will see how I get on.

So what did I achieve today. I removed the old expansion tank, repositioned the horn, and sorted the throttle body bracket so it did not hit the bonnet, but that may now be a waste of time as I will have to sort some other inlet system. Grrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment