Sunday 4 January 2009

Free petrol!

Well started on dismantling the Mondeo yesterday, despite the negative temperature. Removed most of the front end lights/grill/etc ready for resale, and also drained most of the fuel out of it - nearly 50 litres!!! So that is about £40 credit to the running total! Rigged up an ingenious (well I thought so) system to pump it out via the fuel rail straight into a can. Also noticed the aircon pipes run across the gearbox so will either have to work round it when I lift out the engine or there may be a small hole in the ozone above my house......

Good run out today with the Apple County Kits guys - despite having to take a 15 mile diversion to get to the pub despite being only a mile from it! Roads were slippery and I was terrifying myself and other road users with locking wheels as soon as I touched the brake - the servo assistance was giving a bit too much power. Have done some internet research and find I can fit the master cylinder direct to the pedal which will solve the above problem and also assist with clearance for the induction system.

No comments:

Post a Comment